When I started this blog I had every intention of reading all of the books on the list that I found online of all of the books Rory Gilmore mention on Gilmore Girls. I have since come to the realization thanks to my birthday present (an awesome Nook that I absolutely LOVE) and Goodreads that there are so many other books I want to read. Additionally, half of the books on that list don't even sound interesting to me. So, I have decided to abandon the list. Not completely, there are still some awesome books on there that I want to read, I just don't plan to read ones like One day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch or A Passage to India (which I have tried so hard to read and just cannot get into).
The moral of this story is that life is too short and there are too many books to read that I don't want to waste my time reading boring ones just to prove that I can read every book on some silly list. From now on I'll be reviewing books I feel like reading, which will probably be a lot of plays, Young Adult lit, books about education, every book in the Wizard of Oz series, as much Stephen King as is humanly possible, perhaps some classics, and some contemporary literature as well.
Just as a side note, while on this cross-country drive to Arizona, I have stayed in a hotel for the first time since reading The Shining and I have to say it was a little freaky when we were first walking down the hall to our room. I was afraid I might get attacked by a fire hose, but then realized that was quite absurd as I don't think those have been used in hotels in a very long time and our hotel was less than a year old.
I would love to get book recommendations from anyone who reads this blog, which for all I know might be no one at all, and if that is the case at least I'll be able to look back on all of the awesome books I've read!
No comments:
Post a Comment